Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blog Theme Standardization

This latest theme that you see is Simplicity. Like it for it’s professional look and the side bars tha allows me to put in lots of stuffs and of course it supports widgets. The Copyblogger theme was also a damn good theme but unfortunately I could not bring myself to use it for my Free Links blog. I was using it for my Making a Living Blog though

I have standardised all 3 blogs of mine to look exactly the same. I am of the opinion that when readers of my other blogs stumble here they will be able relate this blog to the others and hopefully support this blog as they have supported me in my other blogs.

One very cool thing about this theme is the ability to align pictures easily. This feature is also found in the Copyblogger Theme. There was no hint given by the designer though so I experimented with what was taught by Pearson when I used his Copyblogger theme and found that it actually works though I had to use a different class tag.

eff_bloggers.png

In the Copyblogger theme, the tags used were to align the image left or right. Whereas, this theme I have to us to insert it left or alignright to make ot go right. Of course “center” will make the image stay perfectly at the center. One very cool feature was however missing and that is the ability to put a frame round th image, but there is a default border include so that looks equally good and I am not complaining about anything. Looking at the image here i don’t think it looks too bad at all.

from:http://blogigs.com/

No comments: